The 15th of August, Dormition of Theotokos, is maybe the second in importance feast in Greece after Eastern- Everywhere in Greece in islands on in the main country on August 15th you can find “panygyria” (local folk feasts) to honor her name.
- In the Hand painted Dormition of Theotokos the traditional technique was used to hand the icon.
- Mineral powders were mixed with egg and vinegar to produce colors.
- Copper gold was added on the back ground.
- Shellac was the first protective layer.
- Resin varnish was finally added on the top to seal the colors.
- The back and sides of the wood are painted with organic dye
The icon comes wrapped with some little extras from our shop- Perfect for a very personal gift.