Saint Aikaterina, or St Catherine of the Wheel is dressed like a princess with richly decorated clothes. The Saint is wearing a crown and is been holding the instruments of her torture (a wheel). She is also bears the as symbols of her high education; a palm leaf and always the Cross .
- Each of our icons is painted according to the rules of the old byzantine art of hagiography or else holy iconography.
- In this technique we are using the traditional egg tempera. This is a mixture of egg and vinegar as a medium for the dry pigments.
- Colors are fixed with organic and resin varnish.
- The name of the Saint is written with Greek characters on the right and left side of her halo
- The byzantine icon comes with an envellope hanger on the back.
The Icon of St Catherine of Alexandria will be packaged and prepared as a gift with some little extras from our shop