St George and the dragon. The origins of the image where Saint Georgios fights the dragon can be traced back to the romantic ages. Its the time of knights and princesses and brave causes. Furthermore it can be traced and further back to Cappadocia in Asia Minor. They even can be found deep to the collective subconscious where stories about the Hero still exist.
The name of the Saint is written with Greek characters.
- Each of our icons is painted according to the rules of the old byzantine art of hagiography or else holy iconography.
- In this technique we are using the traditional egg tempera. This is a mixture of egg and vinegar as a medium for the dry pigments.
- Colors are fixed with organic and resin varnish.
- The border and halo are made with copper gold
- The byzantine icon comes with a hanger on the back.
The icon also comes with the proper gift wrapping together with some little extras from our shop, perfect for a gift!