Orthodox Icon of St Spyridon of Trimythous. The icon of the Venerated wonderworking Saint. He is wearing a shepherd’s straw hat to remind us that a simple shepherd as he, silenced the philosopher Arius.
He stood up, in fron of the whole Council of Church fathers and broke a brick into its basic components, that is fire, water, earth. It was ight in front of them all when the brick burst into flames, water fell into the ground and the dust remained in his hands.
I ve painted the icon of St Spyridon, with the traditional egg tempera technique. The materials that I ve used are:
- A mixture of powder pigments egg yolk and vinegar on consequtive layers.
- The background is gilded with copper gold ( that has patina on, to acquire an antique look)
- The colors are sealed with two types of top coats.
- A double fhandcrafted frame on the sied
- On the back the icon comes with a hanger
Finally, the icon comes carefully protected and wrapped as a gift with some little extras from our shop