The theme of this religious painting is the Resurrection of Jesus. The scene is inspired by liturgical folk art of the 19th century where, especially in the catholic church, it was widely popular.
The materials used for the painting were the following
- A thin plywood board with an irregular outline, measuring 35x18cm and 4mm thick. It was cut and gessoed by hand
- Egg tempera and copper gold
- Shellac and Varnish
- The inscription INRI is nailed on rthe top
- A thread for hanging is drilled trough on the top
- The icon will be packaged as a gift with some little extras from our shop.If you want to see a video of the icon of Resurrection of Jesus please visit: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cwxjvl_swkb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==