The writer of the “The ladder of Divine ascent”, Saint John Climacus. The otherwise known as John of the ladder, is painted as a monk, with the triangular eastern hood, holding a scroll with minimal colors that are basically red yellow and black
- The name is written with white egg tempera in medieval Greek characters on his left and right side
- A mini repurposed wooden board measuring 9x11cm
- Egg tempera was the painting medium
- Copper gold was applied on the halo and border, a material that will eventually acquire an antique patina.
- Shellac and resin varnish have followed to seal the colors and produce an icon that will last.
<3 Gift Wrapping: The icon is wrapped in fabric as a gift and comes with our shop’s little extras and certificate